MP Update for November 11
Follow us on Instagram: meridianparkelementary
Monday – Veterans Day, NO SCHOOL
Tuesday – Picture re-takes (see below)
Wednesday – Regular school day, 3:30PM DISMISSAL
Wednesday – Parent Education Night, 6:30-8pm in the MP cafeteria (see below)
PARENT SURVEY DUE NOVEMBER 15: Thank you to everyone who has completed this survey so far! If you have not already, please take 10 minutes (or less!) to fill it out. The data gathered will be used to support the development and implementation of priorities and plans for continuous improvement at the district and school level. Click HERE to take the Survey. If you have any questions, please contact the Public Information Office at email@example.com or 206.393.4412.
PICTURE RE-TAKES: Picture retakes will be from 9:30-11:30AM. Online ordering is available at dorianstudio.com. You can send questions to Ann Yee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARENT EDUCATION NIGHT: All are welcome 6:30-8:00PM in the MP cafeteria for a parenting workshop featuring Cher Anderton, “Tools to Deal with Your Child’s Big Emotions.” Full event details can be found HERE. The workshop will cover modeling and teaching emotion regulation to children, as well as simple strategies to model and teach children healthy emotional processing. This event is hosted by Meridian Park PTSA, Ridgecrest PTA, Brookside PTA, and Shoreline Special Needs PTSA.
MPPTSA ANNUAL FUNDRAISER: The Meridian Park PTSA kicked off their Annual Fundraising Campaign at Fall Carnival, and they’re asking for your support throughout November! Your support is what makes PTSA activities possible — from all-school events, to teacher grants, to parent education opportunities, and more. You can donate through the website MPPTSA.org, PayPal, or by check/cash. For every donation, you will receive a Cheetah Champion key ring and a chance to enter a drawing for a gift card to Ohana Restaurant, generously donated by the Yoshimura family. Thank you!
YEARBOOK COVER DESIGN CONTEST: The yearbook staff is having a Cover Contest for the 2019-2020 MP yearbook. Student artwork will be due January 10th. It must be in Full Color, on 8.5X11 inch paper, and incorporate our yearbook theme – “Looking to the Future 20/20”. Remember that this is the cover, so the more full the page the better it will look! E-mail questions to Molly Nordstrand at email@example.com.
6th GRADE CAMP FUNDRAISING: Help reduce the cost of camp for our families! 6th graders are selling 9 different flavors of cookie dough from Cougar Mountain Baking Company, a local family owned business! Each 3-pound tub costs $17, and 50% comes back to our kids for camp. Dough keeps for 3 months in the fridge or 12 months in the freezer – a great gift for the holidays or treat any time of year. Orders must be returned to school by Monday, Nov. 25th in time to place the order and receive delivery on Friday, Dec. 13th. So, find a 6th grader and order some dough!
DECEMBER BOOK FAIR: Volunteers are needed for the one-day Book Fair on Tuesday, December 3rd. If you can help during one of the shifts below, or during any custom time frame, please contact Jenny Hillger, MP librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-393-4125. We would love to have at least 3 volunteers per shift.
- SET-UP: Tuesday, November 26th, 3:00-4:00PM
- BOOK FAIR: Tuesday, December 3rd, 12:00 – 2:00 | 1:45 – 4:00 | 5:00 – 6:15 | 5:30 – 6:45 | 6:00 – 7:30 | 7:00 – 8:00 (take-down)
UPCOMING EVENTS & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Thursday, 11/21: Community Coffee 9:05-10:05AM; November focus: Meridian Parks’ English Language Learners (ELL) program
- Friday, 11/22: Spirit Day — Mismatch Day!
- Monday, 11/25: 6th Grade Camp Cookie Dough orders due
- Wednesday, 11/27: 11:45AM DISMISSAL
- Wednesday, 11/27: PTSA Movie 12:00PM, “Aristocats”
- Thursday/Friday, 11/28 & 29: Thanksgiving Break – NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday 11/26 (set-up) & Tuesday 12/3: One-Day December Book Fair
- Thursday, 12/5: All School Skate Night, 6:00-8:00PM; admission is $8 and includes skate rental; inline skate upgrade is $3.25. See Annie Gage for scholarship vouchers or email her at Annie.Gage@Shorelineschools.org
- Support your Meridian Park PTSA! MPPTSA helps provide access to programs, events, clubs, and so much more.
- Become a member!
- Fill out the volunteer survey
- Turn in your box tops! Clip these coupons off products you buy or scan your receipts using the app. For more info, email MPPTSAboxtops@gmail.com
- Link your Fred Meyer card. [PTSA#TY486]
- Have a business you want to promote AND support the MPPTSA? Contact Naomi Hillyard at email@example.com to connect and find out how.
From the Office: Thank you for conferences! Congrats to our Cheetahs for assemblies this week honoring veterans. We resume regular schedule this week with lots more time for learning. Please take the district survey. Hope to see you again soon – MP Staff • One Community • Stronger Together