MP Update for September 30
Follow us on Instagram: meridianparkelementary
Monday – “How to be a Powerful Advocate for Your Gifted Student,” presented by Marcia Holland, 6:30 PM (see below)
Tuesday & Wednesday – Picture Day (see below)
Tuesday – Art Docent Orientation, 7:00PM (see below)
Wednesday – Early Release Day, 1:50 Dismissal
Wednesday – Student Council Executive Committee (EC) applications due by end of day
Wednesday – “Beyond Birds and Bees,” presented by Bonnie Rough, 6:30PM (see below)
Friday– Movie Night, EC candidate introductions, and 6th grade camp concessions fundraiser, “Coco” 6-8PM
Saturday – MPPTSA general meeting, candidate forum, and community potluck, 10:00AM-1:00PM (see below)
Fall extracurricular programs begin the first week of October! Sign up for available before- and after-school programs HERE. If your family has questions about scholarships or would like to arrange support for participation, please contact our Family Advocate, Annie Gage: firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-393-1768.
Move-A-Thon PLEDGE ENVELOPES AND ALL MONEY SHOULD BE TURNED IN TO YOUR STUDENT’S TEACHER WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 2. Any pledge money turned in by Monday October 7 will be eligible for prizes. Thank you for your support!
HI CAP PRESENTATION:
All families are invited to join us tomorrow (Monday) evening from 6:30-8:30PM at Meridian Park for “How to be a Powerful Advocate for Your Gifted Student,” presented by Marcia Holland, past President of the Northwest Gifted Child Association. Being labeled “gifted” doesn’t mean school is easy, and this presentation will sharpen your set of “tools” to advocate for your child. Learn more about this free event and register HERE.
It’s Picture Time! You can order online HERE or by going to ios.dorianstudio.com and entering the school’s access key: QZAEK8R. Orders can be placed online prior to and up to four (4) days after picture day. No late paper envelopes will be accepted. The classes taking their photos on each day are as follows:
Tuesday, October 1st: Ahron, Allemeier, Anderson, Armstrong, Bachicha-Wells, Bentley, Gino, Greathouse, Herold, Jones, Kushner, LeBlanc, Misnar, Natalizio, Nye, Shubin-Greer, M. Smith, Uhrich
Wednesday, October 2nd: Ashenbrenner, Baroudi, Borovina, Chalcraft, Keeley, Mo, Norton, Peters, Peterson, Phelan, Pozarski, Rudberg, Sezate, L. Smith, Uran
ART DOCENT ORIENTATION:
Consider joining our parent volunteer art enrichment team whose aim is to provide 3 art projects to each classroom during school days! Our final Fall Orientation opportunity is this Tuesday 10/1 7:00PM, in our NEW ART CLASSROOM, Room 201, just up the hall from the teacher/staff lounge. All training is provided. You just need to love bringing art to students!
PARENT EDUCATION NIGHT:
All families are invited to join us Wednesday evening from 6:30-8:00PM at Meridian Park for “Beyond Birds & Bees: Bringing Home a New Message to our Kids About Sex, Love, and Equality,” presented by Bonnie Rough. A discussion and book sale & signing will follow. This event is hosted by MPPTSA, along with Highland Terrace, Syre, and Brookside PTAs. For more info and to RSVP, click HERE. We hope to see you!
It’s our first family Movie Night of the school year! All families are welcome. Student Council Executive Committee candidates will be there to introduce themselves before the film, and concessions will be available for purchase to support 6th Grade Camp. So, grab a lawn chair or sleeping bag and come watch “Coco” on Friday at 6pm in the MP cafeteria.
PTSA MEETING, CANDIDATE FORUM + POTLUCK:
This year, MPPTSA is having two meetings on Saturdays! Join us this Saturday for the MPPTSA general membership meeting (10-11AM), followed by a candidate forum for City Council and Shoreline School Board (11-12:15). Stay for the community potluck 12:15-1:00PM! Sign up for potluck items HERE. Post questions to the candidates HERE. Childcare is provided. Please join us to learn about what’s happening at MP, hear from the candidates, and enjoy a meal!
UPCOMING EVENTS & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- 6th Graders go to Camp Orkila April 8-10th. We need leaders & volunteers to help with our fundraising goal of $4,000 to lower the per student cost to $150. The activities are tried and true and just need parent support! Contact Suni Tolton email@example.com or Elizabeth Swan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PAPER BAGS NEEDED! Our Art Docent team is currently collecting folded paper grocery bags to make student art portfolios (1 each for the year — that’s 750+ needed)! Please leave them in the collection box in the main lobby. Thanks!
- Thursday 10/10: Student Council elections
- Thursday 10/10: Kindergarten Friendship Night, 6:00-7:30PM
- Mon-Wed 10/14-10/16: Fifth Grade Camp
- Thursday 10/17: MPPTSA Community Coffee, 9:05-10:05AM
- Tuesday 10/22: Health Curriculum Night, 6:30PM
- Friday 10/25: Spirit Day—Cheetah Pride!
- Friday 10/25: Fall Carnival, sign up to volunteer HERE!
- Tuesday 10/29: Skate Night at Lynnwood Bowl and Skate, 6:00-8:00PM
- Support your Meridian Park PTSA! MPPTSA helps provide access to programs, events, clubs, and so much more.
- Become a member! Send in your yellow membership envelope today or register online HERE.
- Fill out the volunteer survey HERE to be notified of opportunities that interest you.
- Bring your box tops! Drop them off any time in the box in the school’s main lobby.
- Link your Fred Meyer card HERE. [PTSA#TY486]
- Have a business you want to promote AND support the MPPTSA? Contact Naomi Hillyard at email@example.com to connect and find out how.