MP Update for September 23
Follow us on Instagram: meridianparkelementary
Monday – Student Council Information meeting, 12:30 PM room 206 (see below)
Tuesday – Curriculum Night, 5:15PM and 6:00PM (see below) Free childcare available
Tuesday – Math Club informational meeting, 6:45PM (see below)
Wednesday – Early Release Day, 1:50 Dismissal
Friday – ASB Move-a-Thon, 2:00 PM (see below)
Cheetah Alert! Please allow yourself time to patiently navigate the parking lot during pick-up and drop-off times. There is no parking in the north loop or the curb lane (just like the airport)! To keep all of our families moving through safely and on-time, please do not park on the curb. Please do not stop in the north loop. If you would like to escort your child(ren), please park in a space and walk to the classroom. Thank you!
Monday is the information meeting for any student wishing to apply for the Student Council Executive Committee (open to grades 4-6) and run for office. The meeting is at 12:30 in room 206. 4th graders can bring their lunch and eat during the meeting. Come see what EC is all about! Applications due on Wednesday 10/2 by the end of the school day.
Tuesday is Curriculum Night. You do not need to sign up in advance for childcare, just check in at the main lobby. Two sessions will be offered at 5:15PM and at 6:00PM. Information is the same at both times. Learn about your student’s classroom and teachers’ plans for the year. You can also learn more about Shoreline’s new math program at 5:30PM or 6:00PM in the library. And you are invited to view the new Art Room (201) and learn about our volunteer Art Docent team – including how to become one yourself!
Stick around after curriculum night for information on Math Club! We will meet at 6:45PM in the MP library to answer questions and share details about how to participate in another exciting year of problem-solving. We also welcome volunteers! The only requirement is to enjoy helping students learn about moth. We look forward to seeing you.
Friday is the annual ASB Move-a-Thon (formerly the Walk-a-Thon), from 2:00-3:00 PM in the back around the high school baseball field. Please remember to turn in your pledges and pledge envelopes. All adults are welcome to participate or volunteer for the Move-A-Thon: just show up! Let’s move, move, move together on Friday.
Upcoming Events & Volunteer Opportunities
- PAPER BAGS NEEDED: Our Art Docent Team is currently collecting folded PAPER GROCERY BAGS to make Student Art Portfolios (1 ea) for the year. That’s 750+ needed! Bring yours with you on curriculum night, and leave them in the collection box in the main lobby. Thanks!
- Sign up to volunteer at this year’s Fall Carnival HERE!
- Fall extracurricular programs begin the first week of October. Watch for informational flyers coming home this week.
- Monday 9/30, “How to be a Powerful Advocate for Your Gifted Student,” presented by Marcia Holland
- Tuesday 10/1, second Art Docent orientation 7:00PM
- Tuesday & Wednesday 10/1-10/2, School picture day. Order forms come home this week. Pre-order online HERE! School code: QZAEK8R Can you volunteer 2-3 hours either day, in exchange for a voucher for free photos? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Wednesday 10/2, “Beyond the Birds and the Bees,” presented by Bonnie Rough (sponsored by MPPTSA)
- Friday 10/4, MPPTSA Movie Night and 6th Grade Camp concessions fundraiser
- Saturday 10/5, MPPTSA general membership meeting (10-11AM); candidate forum for city council and Shoreline school board (11-12:15); potluck 12:15-1:00PM. Sign up for potluck items HERE. Post questions to the candidates HERE.
Support your Meridian Park PTSA! MPPTSA helps provide access to programs, events, clubs, and so much more.
- Become a member! send in your yellow membership envelope today or register online HERE.
- Fill out the volunteer survey HERE to be notified of opportunities that interest you.
- Bring your box tops! Drop them off any time in the box in the school’s main lobby.
- Link your Fred Meyer card HERE. [PTSA #TY486]
- Have a business you want to promote AND support the MPPTSA? Contact Naomi Hillyard at email@example.com to connect and find out how.
From the Office: Our classroom learning communities are off to a great start in September. We look forward to seeing everyone at Open House on Tuesday night and the Move-A-Thon on Friday afternoon! See you soon. MP Staff, One Community, Stronger Together, Celebrating Greatness