THIS WEEK AT MERIDIAN PARK
• May 29 – Student Store at Second Recess at at 5:45 pm
• May 29 – MP Arts Festival 6:00 – 8:00 pm
• May 30 – Crazy Hair Day!
• May 31 – Shoreline Science and Technology Fair
• June 3 – PTSA Board of Directors Meeting 6:30 pm in the Library
• June 4 – Jr. Art Show Submissions Due 3:00 pm
• June 9 – No School – Staff Work Day
Stop by the student store during second recess on these dates:
June 12 (Last store sells fun summer items)
BE AN ART DOCENT !
The PTSA sponsors an art docent program that supports a volunteer team of many dedicated parents who teach art in each classroom at Meridian Park Elementary. Art docents coordinate with teachers to present art lessons and lead each class in a hands-on-art project three times per year. Being an art docent has a very minimal time commitment of four meetings per year to plan and experiment with the art project and an hour and a half three times a year teaching the project in the classroom. If you are interested please contact the Art Docent Program Coordinator, Renee Smith, atrenees1710.
HEALTH OFFICE WISH LIST
The Health office is in need of plastic bags and extra clothing for boys and girls size 8 and larger. Sweatpants, t-shirts and socks are especially needed.
Also needed, are individually wrapped snacks such as: Goldfish, energy bars, Z-Bars, fruit leather, applesauce (no sugar added), string cheese, small boxes of dried fruit (raisins, dates, etc.), pretzels, or packaged trail mix. Thanks for your support!
We are looking for three volunteers to help at The Works on May 28 from 6:00-8:00pm. The Works is located in the portables at the old North City Elementary school. Please contact Tracey Poole at tlp07 if interested or have questions.
We are collecting these items for The Works:
Soap, Tooth paste, Toothbrushes, Shampoo, Conditioner, Boxers/ Bloomers (kid size new underwear and socks)
Please drop off your donations in the box in the MP main lobby by May 30th. Thanks for your support!
EAT BREAKFAST AT MP AND ENTER TO WIN A PRIZE!
In May, the Shoreline School District is motivating students to eat a healthy breakfast at school by having a chance to win a great prize. Prizes are sports and physical activity related that will encourage fun exercise this summer. Winning names will be chosen at the beginning of June, one winner per school. Hope to see you at breakfast next week!
SAVE THE DATE!
• June 12 – Student Store (Last store sells fun summer items).
• June 19 – Moving On Ceremony 9:30 am in the Lunchroom
• June 20 – Last Day of School – Early Release 11:50 am
• July 20 – 5th Annual Seafair Shoreline Car Show (MP PTSA fundraiser)