MP Update for November 25
Follow us on Instagram: meridianparkelementary
Monday – 6th grade cookie dough orders due (see below)
Wednesday – Half Day, 11:45AM Dismissal
Please limit early dismissals after 11 am.
Wednesday – MPPTSA Afternoon Movie, 12:00 PM (see below)
Thursday & Friday – NO SCHOOL, Happy Thanksgiving!
MPPTSA ANNUAL FUNDRAISER: There are just 5 days left in this annual campaign! Every donation receives a Cheetah Champion key ring and a chance to win a gift card to Ohana Restaurant. Consider making a contribution through the MP PTSA website, PayPal, or by check/cash.
MPPTSA MOVIE WEDNESDAY: Join us Wednesday at noon in the cafeteria for the 3rd annual MPPTSA afternoon movie, featuring The Aristocats. A delicious hotdog and fresh veggie lunch will be available for $5 per plate. Snacks and surprise grab bags will also be for sale. Students must be accompanied by a responsible adult; no drop-offs allowed. Please bring some cat food to donate to Kitty Korner Cat Rescue and Lounge, this year’s movie series sponsor!
Parking Lot Patience: Thanks everyone for going slow, being kind, and keeping our parking lot safe for student and adults. The curb lane is NOT for parking; please stay with your car or park. If you’re not parking, it’s just like the airport – keep the curb lane moving. Thanks!
REMINDER: Registration for Highly Capable Testing is Open now through December 20, 2019 at 4pm. No late registrations will be accepted. For more information or to register on-line, please visit www.shorelineschools.org/Domain/90, or call the HiCap program office at (206) 393-4771.
6th GRADE CAMP FUNDRAISING: Cookie dough orders are due tomorrow, Monday, Nov. 25th for delivery on Friday, Dec. 13th. So, find a 6th grader and order some dough tonight! 6th grade families, please turn in your order forms and payment tomorrow.
DECEMBER BOOK FAIR: Volunteers are still needed for the one-day Book Fair on Tuesday, December 3rd. If you can help for an hour (or more) from 1:00-4:00PM or 5:00-8:00PM, please contact Jenny Hillger, MP librarian, at (206)393-4125 or email@example.com.
YEARBOOK COVER DESIGN CONTEST: Student artists, submit your full-color, 8.5 x 11″ original artwork by 1/20 incorporating our yearbook theme of “Looking to the Future 20/20.” This is for the cover, so fill the page! Questions? E-mail Molly Nordstrand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPCOMING EVENTS & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
Would you like to be more involved at school and connected to the MP community? MP PTSA has several vital roles waiting for the right volunteer! We’re currently looking for someone to shadow the current president and come on as Co-President next year. It’s a great way to learn about all the ins and outs of Meridian Park and serve our community in a much-needed way! Please email email@example.com if interested in this and/or other open roles.
MP PTSA is also looking for one or two volunteers to head up this year’s Spring Auction! If you’d like to help organize the auction, procure items, and lead a team of volunteers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ART DOCENT PROGRAM: THANK YOU for all of your paper bag donations. We have ALL the bags that we need. But do you have magazines you can donate? Seeking thicker-paged magazines (think National Geographic), especially with sport and nature themes. You can place them in the box in the school lobby!
- Monday, 12/2:
- Food & Teen Gift Drive begins; MP’s item: Mac & Cheese! Bring canned food donations and/or $10-25 gift cards thru Friday, 12/13
- Book Fair preview for students during school day
- Pulling Back the Curtain on Equity in Shoreline Schools,” 5:30-7:00PM; details HERE.
- Tuesday 12/3:
- One-Day “Artic Adventure” Book Fair, 8:40AM-4:00PM, 5:00-7:30PM
- MPPTSA meeting & 3rd Grade choral performance, 6:00-8:00PM
- Free film screening of “2e2: Teaching the Twice Exceptional” (English with Spanish sub-titles), 7:00-9:00PM at the Shoreline Conference Center; please RSVP HERE.
- Thursday, 12/5: All School Skate Night, 6:00-8:00PM; admission is $8 and includes skate rental; inline skate upgrade is $3.25. For scholarship vouchers, see Annie Gage or email her at Annie.Gage@Shorelineschools.org
- Thursday, 12/12:
- Variety Show auditions
- Drama Club meeting, 6:00PM in the MP library
- Wednesday, 12/18: Teacher & Staff appreciation — Winter Wonderland Open House! Consider donating an item to this warm send-off, as our teachers and staff prepare to head out for winter break, too. Sign up HERE, or send questions to Miranda at email@example.com.
From the Office: We are so grateful for all Cheetahs, families, and our amazing staff. Best wishes for a fun, restful, and safe holiday break. MP Staff • One Community • Stronger Together • Celebrating Greatness