MP Update for October 21
Follow us on Instagram: meridianparkelementary
Kindergarten field trips this week! Check with your teacher.
Tuesday – Info night: Shoreline Health Education Program, 6:30 PM (see below)
Wednesday – Early Release Day, 1:50 Dismissal
Friday – Spirit Day: Cheetah Pride! (see below)
Friday – Fall Festival, 6:00-8:00PM (see below)
OCTOBER IS DISABILITY HISTORY MONTH (DHM): At MP, we celebrate all the ways we are One Community, Stronger Together. We invite you and your family to spend some time together this month discovering the impact of disability rights and the importance of including people of all abilities. You can start HERE!
CONFERENCES are the week of November 4th-8th. Each day will be HALF DAY RELEASE with 11:45AM dismissal.
SHORELINE HEALTH EDUCATION: The Shoreline School District will be offering health instruction in grades K-12 as part of our comprehensive health education program. Parents and guardians are invited to learn about the goals of this program and preview the instructional materials during the public review on Tuesday, 10/22, 6:30PM in the Shoreline Room of the Shoreline Center.
SPIRIT DAY: On Friday, students are invited to show their Cheetah Pride! Wear your favorite Meridian Park Cheetah gear, or our school colors – black and gold.
FALL FESTIVAL: All families are invited to celebrate together at this annual community event! There will be games, crafts, a Cake Walk, face painting, music, a dance-off, and more! Concessions, including pizza, snacks, beverages, and desserts will be available for purchase – proceeds support 6th grade camp. A low-sensory Recharge Room will be provided by MP parents and the SSNPTSA. Volunteers are always welcome; sign up HERE. We hope to see you and your families for this Fall celebration!
GRANT APPLICATIONS: Meridian Park PTSA has $6,000 of grant funds available for the ’19-’20 school year to support enrichment, unique learning opportunities, and program enhancement. Anyone in the MP community can apply for a PTSA grant. Applications are due Thursday, Nov. 7th by 5:00 PM via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the MPPTSA Grant Opportunities webpage to download the application, guidelines, and see examples of previously funded projects. Contact email@example.com with questions, or if you would like to be part of the team that reviews projects for funding!
MATH CLUB is accepting registrations, until Sunday, 11/3! ALL STUDENTS GRADES 3-4-5-6 CAN JOIN MATH CLUB. This club’s goals are to improve problem-solving skills, participate in the math competition experience, make friends and have fun. We explore challenging math concepts, both independently and collaboratively, and participate in math contests, including Math Olympiad, Math Is Cool, and MOEMS. Sign up today HERE, or find out more information HERE!
UPCOMING EVENTS & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Now through October 31st: Consider donating to the Shoreline Special Needs PTSA Classroom Grant Fund HERE
- Tuesday 10/29: All-School Skate Night at Lynnwood Bowl & Skate, 6:00-8:00PM; admission is $8 per person, including quad skate rental; in-line skate rental upgrades are available for an additional $3.25. (No drop-offs, please.) Scholarships are available. To inquire, stop by to see Annie Gage or send her an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday 11/4-Friday 11/8: Conferences
- Tuesday 11/5: MPPTSA Meeting, 6:30-8:00PM
- Thursday 11/7: Teacher Appreciation; volunteer to provide a hearty appetizer HERE!
- Thursday, 11/7: MPPTSA grant applications due
- Support your Meridian Park PTSA! MPPTSA helps provide access to programs, events, clubs, and so much more.
- Become a member! Send in your yellow membership envelope today or register online HERE.
- Fill out the volunteer survey HERE to be notified of opportunities that interest you.
- Bring your box tops! Drop them off any time in the box in the school’s main lobby.
- Link your Fred Meyer card HERE. [PTSA#TY486]
- Have a business you want to promote AND support the MPPTSA? Contact Naomi Hillyard at email@example.com to connect and find out how.
From the Office: Cheetahs were awesome leaders and learners this week. This week we celebrated safety with our super successful earthquake drill. We encourage all families to prepare for the possibility of an earthquake. Thanks to all Cheetahs, families, and friends for helping us raise approximately $20,000 with our Move-A-Thon. This money will support one free field trip or class activity for all classrooms and much more. Teachers are scheduling conferences now so please get signed up. Thank you for your family. MP Staff • One Community • Stronger Together