• November 21 – Spirit Day – Teacher Switch Day
• November 25 – MP Student Store (see blurb below)
• November 27-28 – No School – Thanksgiving Break
• December 1 – No School – Staff Work Day
• December 2-12 – Holiday Basket Drive
• December 2 – Board of Director’s PTSA Meeting 7:00-8:30 pm
• December 4 – ASB Representative Meeting 8:15am Ms. Q’s Room
• December 4 – Drama Club Parent Meeting 7:00 pm
STUDENT COUNCIL CANNED FOOD DRIVE
Monday November 17 – Friday, November 21st (for Food Lifeline in Shoreline)
• Only non-perishable items (cans or boxes ok)
• Collection bags will be in each classroom
• The classroom who brings in the most items, K-3 and 4-6, will win a Hot Cocoa Party!! (time and place is teacher at discretion)
MP Student Store opens Tuesday, November 25th, after school from 3:40-4:00 pm in the entryway of the school. We are selling school supplies, t-shirts and water bottles.
MERIDIAN PARK POSITIVE BEHAVIOR COMMITTEE
MP’s Positive Behavior Committee is looking for two or three parents to supervise our monthly Very Important Cheetah (VIC) lunches.
The lunches are from 11:15 – 1:30 on the following dates: November 20th, December 18th, January 29th, February 26th, March 26th, April 30th, May 28th, and June 11th. Volunteers’ duties include setting up the tables on the stage in the cafeteria for the VICs, making sure VICs get to the tables, get their drinks, and take their photo. That’s it! If you are interested in helping with one or more of these lunches, please contact Jenny Hillger (jenny.hillger) or Megan Jones (megan.jones).
FROM THE NURSE
Volunteers needed for vision and hearing screenings on November 18th, 20th and 25th from 9:30-12 and 12:30-3. Please contact Nurse Susan at 206-393-4124 or susan.goldman if you can help. Thank you!
Clothing donations needed in the Health Office especially stretch pants, sweatpants and/or stretchy fleece pant of all sizes. Thank you!!
PTSA MEETING – DECEMBER 2 FROM 7:00-8:30PM
The next PTSA Board of Director’s Meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 2 from 7:00-8:30 pm in the library. General business will be discussed. All are welcome. Childcare will be provided by the Dale Turner YMCA.
DRAMA CLUB PARENT MEETING
Drama Club (4th-6th Grades) Parent Information Night Thursday, 12/4/14 at 7:00 pm in MP Library. If your child is interested in Drama Club, please come to this meeting to learn about the club and the great show at the end! We will also have sign-up sheets for parent jobs.
VOLUNTEER AT THE WORKS
Meridian Park’s evening to volunteer at The Works is Wednesday, December 3rd from 6-8p.m. This is a great way to meet other Shoreline adults who help make The Works such a success! Contact Tracey Poole at tracey if interested.
THE WORKS HOLIDAY BASKET FOOD DRIVE
The Works food drive starts December 1st -12th. Meridian Park’s main food staple for the holiday basket food drive is cooking oil. We will be collecting bottles of cooking oil starting December 1st. Stay tuned for more details!
Holiday Baskets provides holiday food and gift support to Shoreline School District families in circumstances that make it challenging to provide either for their children. This year’s Holiday Baskets food & gifts distribution to families will be Saturday, December 13, 2014 11:30am – 4:30pm at Kellogg Middle School.
For families needing assistance with winter break food & holiday gifts registration begins October 13th.
There are many ways to register:
• NEW Preferred method! Register online at: www.eventbrite.com in the “Search for events” field enter Holiday Baskets.
• Call: 206-393-4916 (Shoreline PTA Council line). Leave a message and someone will return your call to register you.
• Fill out a registration form and give it to your school Nurse or Family Advocate. Forms are available in their offices and at www.shorelinepta.org under Family Services, Holiday Baskets, To Register. Or mail it to: Shoreline PTA Council PO Box 55832 Shoreline, WA 98155-5784
Deadline for Registration is December 1st
Ways you can help now:
· Sign up to volunteer at LWood9413
· Make a monetary donation payable to: Shoreline PTA Council. Note “Holiday Baskets – Food or Teen Gifts” and mail to: Shoreline PTA Council 6.12, PO Box 55832, Shoreline, WA 98155. Your donations are tax deductible. Or donate using PayPal at www.shorelinepta.org under Family Services, Holiday Baskets, To Donate.
· Attend the Holiday Baskets Benefit Dinner hosted by the Shorecrest High School ASB & PTSA on Wednesday, November 19th 6:00-8:00pm in the new Commons. An entertaining evening of singing, dancing, and instrumental student performances and a gourmet meal provided by the culinary arts class to kick off the Holiday season. Tickets available in person – from Ms. Denney at the ASB Window, Shorecrest High School. By mail – fill out an order form (available on the Shoreline PTA Council web page, under Family Services, Holiday Baskets) and mail to Holiday Benefit Dinner, c/o Shorecrest High School 15343 – 25th AVE NE, Shoreline, WA 98155. Purchase tickets by Wednesday, November 12.
Fun Friday at Chuck E. Cheese!
Friday November 21st 4:30 -8:30
Join Shoreline Special Needs PTSA at the Lynnwood Chuck E. Cheese on Friday November 21st for fun and games.
Mention SSN PTSA and receive 10 free tokens with your food purchase
SAVE THE DATE!
• December 22 – Winter Break Begins