• November 11 – Veterans Day – No School
• November 12 – Estimated Delivery of Fall Fundraiser orders
• November 12 – Common Core Information Night 7:00 pm, Shoreline Room at Shoreline Center
• November 13 – Skate Party at Lynnwood Bowl & Skate 6:00-8:00pm
• November 21 – Spirit Day (Theme TBD)
SKATING PARTY – Thursday, November 13 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Join us for the first skating party of the year at Lynnwood Bowl & Skate, 6210 200th St. SW, Lynnwood. Admission is $6.50 which includes quad skate rental. Pay an additional $3.00 for in line skates. Parents are encouraged to participate. No drop-offs allowed. Feel free to bring your helmet! Hope to see you there!
BE A CHEETAH CHAMP!
Sign up for a Cheetah CHAMP day! Come into school and hand out Cheetah Cheers, eat lunch with your student, help out in your student’s classroom, get your own library card and pick up a book for your student! More information and sign up is available athttps://mpptsa.org/volunteer/.
Thanks to MP families who saved and clipped Boxtops these past few months, our school has earned $285 that will be used for PTSA programs that benefit all MP students. Keep sending in those Boxtops!
MERIDIAN PARK POSITIVE BEHAVIOR COMMITTEE
MP’s Positive Behavior Committee is looking for two or three parents to supervise our monthly Very Important Cheetah (VIC) lunches.
The lunches are from 11:15 – 1:30 on the following dates: November 20th, December 18th, January 29th, February 26th, March 26th, April 30th, May 28th, and June 11th. Volunteers’ duties include setting up the tables on the stage in the cafeteria for the VICs, making sure VICs get to the tables, get their drinks, and take their photo. That’s it! If you are interested in helping with one or more of these lunches, please contact Jenny Hillger (jenny.hillger) or Megan Jones (megan.jones).
MP Student Store opens Tuesday, November 25th, after school from 3:40-4:00pm in the entryway of the school. We are selling school supplies, t-shirts and water bottles.
Student Council will be selling popcorn on Friday’s! More info to come out soon 🙂
FROM THE NURSE
Volunteers needed for vision and hearing screenings on November 18th, 20th and 25th from 9:30-12 and 12:30-3. Please contact Nurse Susan at 206-393-4124 or susan.goldman if you can help. Thank you!
Clothing donations needed in the Health Office especially stretch pants, sweatpants and/or stretchy fleece pant of all sizes. Thank you!!
VOLUNTEER AT THE WORKS
Meridian Park’s evening to volunteer at The Works is Wednesday, December 3rd from 6-8p.m. This is a great way to meet other Shoreline adults who help make The Works such a success! Contact Tracey Poole at tracey if interested.
THE WORKS HOLIDAY BASKET FOOD DRIVE
The Works food drive starts December 1st -12th. Meridian Park’s main food staple for the holiday basket food drive is cooking oil. We will be collecting bottles of cooking oil starting December 1st. Stay tuned for more details!
Holiday Baskets provides holiday food and gift support to Shoreline School District families in circumstances that make it challenging to provide either for their children. This year’s Holiday Baskets food & gifts distribution to families will be Saturday, December 13, 2014 11:30am – 4:30pm at Kellogg Middle School.
For families needing assistance with winter break food & holiday gifts registration begins October 13th.
There are many ways to register:
• NEW Preferred method! Register online at: www.eventbrite.com in the “Search for events” field enter Holiday Baskets.
• Call: 206-393-4916 (Shoreline PTA Council line). Leave a message and someone will return your call to register you.
• Fill out a registration form and give it to your school Nurse or Family Advocate. Forms are available in their offices and atwww.shorelinepta.org under Family Services, Holiday Baskets, To Register. Or mail it to: Shoreline PTA Council PO Box 55832 Shoreline, WA 98155-5784
Deadline for Registration is December 1st
Ways you can help now:
· Sign up to volunteer at LWood9413
· Make a monetary donation payable to: Shoreline PTA Council. Note “Holiday Baskets – Food or Teen Gifts” and mail to: Shoreline PTA Council 6.12, PO Box 55832, Shoreline, WA 98155. Your donations are tax deductible. Or donate using PayPal atwww.shorelinepta.org under Family Services, Holiday Baskets, To Donate.
· Attend the Holiday Baskets Benefit Dinner hosted by the Shorecrest High School ASB & PTSA on Wednesday, November 19th 6:00-8:00pm in the new Commons. An entertaining evening of singing, dancing, and instrumental student performances and a gourmet meal provided by the culinary arts class to kick off the Holiday season. Tickets available in person – from Ms. Denney at the ASB Window, Shorecrest High School. By mail – fill out an order form (available on the Shoreline PTA Council web page, under Family Services, Holiday Baskets) and mail to Holiday Benefit Dinner, c/o Shorecrest High School 15343 – 25th AVE NE, Shoreline, WA 98155. Purchase tickets by Wednesday, November 12.
SAVE THE DATE!
• November 25 – MP Student Store (see blurb above)
• November 27-28 – No School – Thanksgiving Break