• October 21 – Last orders due for PTSA Fall Fundraiser
• October 22 – Flu Shot Clinic at Shorewood H.S. 3:00-7:00pm
• October 24 – Boxtop Cut/Sort/Count Party 9:10am MP Lobby
• October 24 – Early Release 11:45 am
• October 27 – Non Student Work Day
• October 27 – Staff Grant Applications due
• October 31 – Reflections submissions Due
PTSA’S FALL FUNDRAISER
The PTSA fall fundraiser kicked off Tuesday, October 7th. Sales go through Tuesday, October 21st. Please make sure all order forms and money are turned in by Tuesday the 21st. For a wider selection of gifts, wrap & magazines, please visit our school store atkrista_keller For online purchases after the 21st, and throughout the school year, PTSA will continue to receive 40% of all sales. Thank you for your support!
KONA ICE PRIZE – By selling (4) items during the fall fundraiser, students qualify to receive a free Kona Ice at the PTSA’s Fall Festival. The Kona Ice truck will be at our fall festival on Thursday, November 6th, 5:30-7:30. By selling (8) items, students earn a second free Kona Ice.
RUNNING CLUB MEET – October 28 at 4:00pm
The running club meet will be held on October 28th at Hamlin Park 16006 15th Ave NE, Shoreline. Races will begin at 4 pm and wrap up by5:15. Runners need to get their permission slips and fees in ASAP.
PTSA’S FALL FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
The PTSA Fall Festival will be on Thursday, November 6 from 5:30-8:00 pm and we need volunteers to host tables representing your country, state, or heritage of origin. Do you know of a cultural music or dance group that might want to perform at the event? Are you an experienced face painter? If interested in volunteering, please contact Jill Steinberg at jrsteinberg. Your support makes this event possible!
BOXTOP PREP – October 24 at 9:10 in the MP Lobby
Our First boxtop submission date is Monday, November 3rd. We need help cutting, counting & sorting to get them ready. We’ll have all the supplies on hand. Meet in the Meridian Park lobby at 9:10 after taking your kids to class. Prep room is TBD. Questions? Contactkrista_keller.
Math Club is open to all students in grades 3 to 6! Grade 2 students might be admitted, pending discussion with coaches. Math Club meets Wednesday mornings, 8 – 9am in Meridan Park classrooms throughout the year, and participate in several off-campus math competitions. For more information, visit the MP PTSA website: mpmathclub . Math Club competitions are great mental exercise, and fun.
Reflections theme “The world would be a better place if…” submissions due October 31 to the MP office. Please see the purple flyer that went home last week in kidmail or visit: mpptsapresident.
LOST AND FOUND
Please check lost and found — There are a lot of lost sweatshirts and coats! We will be donating lost and found items to The Works onNovember 7 so please make sure to check before then!
PRE-HALLOWEEN TRICK OR TREAT LANE
Join us for trick or treating down the hallway at Aurora Community Church of the Nazarene 1900 N 175th St., Shoreline on Sunday, October 26 from 3:00-5:00. Free candy!
E-flyers for events around shoreline can be found at: http://schools.shorelineschools.org/e-fliers/
SAVE THE DATE!
• November 4 – Election Day – Don’t forget to vote!
• November 4 – PTSA Board of Directors Meeting 7:00-8:30pm
• November 6 – Fall Festival 5:30 – 8:00 pm
• November 6 – Shoreline Special Needs PTA 6:30 pm, Alumni Room at Shoreline Center
• November 12 – Common Core Information Night 7:00 pm, Shoreline Room at Shoreline Center
• November 13 – Skate Party at Lynnwood Bowl & Skate 6:00-8:00pm