THIS WEEK AT MERIDIAN PARK
• October 11 – Hallotween Night at the Rec 6:30-10:30 pm (for 5th and 6th graders only)
• October 15 – Flu Shot Clinic at Shorecrest H.S. 3:00-7:00pm
• October 21 – Last orders due for PTSA Fall Fundraiser
• October 22 – Flu Shot Clinic at Shorewood H.S. 3:00-7:00pm
• October 24 – Boxtop Cut/Sort/Count Party 9:10am MP Lobby
• October 24 – Early Release 11:45 am
PTSA’S FALL FUNDRAISER
The PTSA fall fundraiser kicked off Tuesday, October 7th. Sales go through Tuesday, October 21st. Please make sure all order forms and money are turned in by Tuesday the 21st. For a wider selection of gifts, wrap & magazines, please visit our school store atatkrista_keller For online purchases after the 21st, and throughout the school year, PTSA will continue to receive 40% of all sales. Thank you for your support!
KONA ICE PRIZE – By selling (4) items during the fall fundraiser, students qualify to receive a free Kona Ice at the PTSA’s Fall Festival. The Kona Ice truck will be at our fall festival on Thursday, November 6th, 5:30-7:30. By selling (8) items, students earn a second free Kona Ice.
PTSA’S FALL FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
The PTSA Fall Festival will be on Thursday, November 6 from 5:30-8:00 pm. Come in costume or traditional cultural dress! Join us for cultural music and dance acts, carnival games, 6th grade pizza fundraiser ($2.00/slice, $1.00/drink), and terrific raffle prizes! Several MP families are donating their time hosting tables representing different countries and cultures in MP Around the World and kids can get their passports stamped! Bring a pie for the potluck Pie Social! Interested in hosting a table, face painting, set up or clean up? Contact Jill Steinberg at jrsteinberg or (206) 356-5977.
HALLOTWEEN NIGHT AT THE REC – October 11 from 6:30-10:30
For 5th and 6th graders only. Join other 5th and 6th graders for a night of sports, arts, snacks, and fun games. Free event! The Rec is located at 16554 Fremont Ave. N. in Shoreline
BOXTOP PREP – October 24 at 9:10 in the MP Lobby
Our First boxtop submission date is Monday, November 3rd. We need help cutting, counting & sorting to get them ready. We’ll have all the supplies on hand. Meet in the Meridian Park lobby at 9:10 after taking your kids to class. Prep room is TBD. Questions? Contactkrista_keller.
Math Club is open to all students in grades 3 to 6! Grade 2 students might be admitted, pending discussion with coaches. Math Club meets Wednesday mornings, 8 – 9am in Meridan Park classrooms throughout the year, and participate in several off-campus math competitions. For more information, visit the MP PTSA website: mpmathclub . Math Club competitions are great mental exercise, and fun.
Reflections theme “The world would be a better place if…” submissions due October 31 to the MP office. Please see the purple flyer that went home this week in kidmail or visit: mpptsapresident.
BOOK FAIR THANK YOU
An ENORMOUS "Thank You" to MP families for supporting the fall book fair. It was an enormous success! MP families purchased a great variety of books for students and teachers, as well as posters and other "fun" stuff. We will be able to purchase many library books and support literacy events for MP students.
SAVE THE DATE!
• October 27 – Non Student Work Day
• October 27 – Staff Grant Applications due
• October 31 – Reflections submissions Due
• November 4 – Election Day – Don’t forget to vote!
• November 4 – PTSA Board of Directors Meeting 7:00-8:30pm
• November 6 – Fall Festival 5:30 – 8:00 pm
• November 6 – Shoreline Special Needs PTA 6:30pm Alumni Room at Shoreline District Conference Center