MP Update for January 25
School is ON – on FRIDAY! (synchronous ends 11:10 am)
(Make-up day for January 13 closure.)
Variety Show 2021 – March 5
With production help from our friends at Dandylyon Drama, Meridian Park PTSA will host a virtual Variety Show and Telethon with pre-recorded and live performances, and also a Slide Show option for non-performers! Registration ends Sunday, January 31; and the info meeting is this coming Thursday. Please see below for all the details.
Equity Spotlight: Black Lives Matter at School Week
Shoreline Public Schools serves approximately 9000 students who are diverse in many ways. One of the biggest issues of our time is unacceptable educational disparities. Educators, families, community members, and students across the community share a commitment to equity and to ensure that all students achieve greatness. As part of Black History Month in February, educators across the country, Shoreline, and MP are celebrating Black Lives Matter at School Week during the first week of February. We are very excited about the partnership between the Shoreline Equity and Family Engagement Department and Black Lives Matter Shoreline Youth Leadership in offering lessons to help our students understand the issues that matter to the lives of Black students:
- Reflect the lived experiences of students, families, and friends
- Help students understand inequities based on race
- Affirm that the lives of people of color matter
- Promotes the belief that we all have a responsibility to work for equity as a core ideal
From the Office: Finishing up first semester, we are proud of all Cheetahs for so much learning this year! Our district has announced in-person hybrid learning starting March 8. Families will have the option to stay fully remote. While we are very excited to welcome students back to the school building, we of course support all families as they decide what is best for their student(s) and family. Safe learning is our priority! Please watch for more information from the district soon. In the meantime, you can read about planning on the district Hybrid Learning page. At home or school, Cheetahs learn with flexibility and compassion. We are now and always: One Community, Stronger Together! – Mr. T, Mr. Alford, and Staff
MP Variety Show ‘21 will be live on Friday March 5 from 6 – 8 pm! Celebrate MP talent, spirit, and community.
- Sign-ups/registrations are open now at www.dandylyondrama.org/register. The registration deadline is Sunday, Jan 31.
- Parent & Student Info Night: Thursday Jan. 28 at 7 pm. Ask questions, get tech support, and sign up for the Free Performance Workshops with Dandylyon Drama! Zoom info below.
- Slide Show – new! Want to be part of the show but not as a performer? If so, send a picture of yourself with your pet or at your home-school learning station to firstname.lastname@example.org and stay tuned for the Variety Show Slide Show!
- Sign-up by Jan 31 to get expert Video Performance and Tech Tips emailed to you and be eligible for Free Online Workshops with Dandylyon Drama on Tuesday, Feb 2 at 3:30 pm or Wednesday, Feb 10 at 2:00 pm.
- Submissions Due Wednesday, Feb 17: Video Submissions and Paperwork Due before midnight to email@example.com.
- Join us from your home! This night promises to make you laugh, warm your heart, and bring us together. You can follow Meridian Park PTSA on Facebook. More details are posted on our website. www.mpptsa.org. Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Info Workshop THIS THURSDAY January 28 at 7 pm
Zoom Meeting ID: 834 8957 4437