MP Update for June 10
Follow us on Instagram: meridianparkelementary
Monday – 5th and 6th Grade Spring Concert, 7:15 PM (see below)
Wednesday – Regular school day, 3:30 Dismissal
Wednesday – Lost and Found available (see below)
Thursday – 6 pm – Summer Reading Night, all families invited, see below
Friday – Field Day (volunteers needed!), Spirit Day (Sports Day!), and last day of student store (see below)
Thursday, June 20 – we dismiss at 11:45 am for the start of summer break
Movement Matters: Please ‘move’ outside this summer!
Reading is a super important summer break activity! Please join us for Summer Reading Night this Thursday 6:00 – 7:00 pm! There will be lots of fun reading activities lead by teachers. All families invited!
Please join us Monday for the Instrumental End of Year Concert! 6th grade students should be in the classroom by 6:30PM, 5th grade students by 6:45PM, in order to tune and warm up. The performance will begin at 7:15PM in the MP Gym. Student performers are asked to wear anything nice (as though you are going out to a fancy dinner). We hope you will join us as we celebrate the year’s instrumental achievements!
Lost and Found will be available starting on Wednesday and through the end of the year. Please have your student(s) go through it, or stop by yourself to claim items that belong to you. Items not claimed by the end of the year will be donated. Thank you!
Look for your students’ art docent portfolios coming home this week! There is a fundraising envelop attached, and we would appreciate ANY donation that can help us continue providing art education to students at Meridian Park. The students all did amazing work this year, and it’s clear that we are a school of artists!
From the Office: It’s a busy time for Cheetahs! Thank you to first graders, Mrs. Anderson, PTA, Board Gamers, and Kinder Land for fun celebrations. Congrats to our friends at Edwin Pratt and also to our amazing Student Council. We hope to see lots and lots of Cheetahs and families at our Reading Night this Thursday at 6 pm. Thank you Cheetahs for being part of greatness, one community, stronger together. David, Derek, and Staff
Friday, June 14th, will be packed with fun:
- It’s the last Student Council Spirit Day of the year: Sports Day! Wear your favorite team’s gear or your own sport’s gear.
- Last chance to shop theStudent Store (for grades 1-6): In addition to the usual amazing offerings at the Store, popcorn will be sold for 50 cents.
- Field Day! This all-school celebration is a highlight of the year for many students. There will be belly bumpers (!), an obstacle course, and many other activity stations around the playfield.
- Kindergarten Field Day: 10:00-11:00AM; volunteers should arrive by 9:30AM. If you are available to volunteer, contact Megan firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grades 1-6 Field Day: 1:30-3:00PM; volunteers should arrive by 1:00PM. If you are available to volunteer, contact Mr. Lockwood email@example.com.
Yearbooks have arrived! Pre-ordered yearbooks will be handed out at teacher discretion beginning Monday, June 17th. If you did not pre-order a yearbook, you can purchase one for $20, before or after school, June 17th-20th, in the lobby while supplies last. Are you available to volunteer to help with yearbook sales? Shifts will be for 45 minutes before or after school. If interested, please e-mail Molly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Upcoming Events & Volunteer Opportunities
Wednesday, June 19th: 6th Grade Moving On Ceremony, 9:30-11:00AM at Meridian Park. Friends and family are welcome to attend!
Wednesday, June 19th: 6th Grade Celebration Picnic, 11:00AM-2:00PM. Following the ceremony, students will walk from MP to Cromwell Park for a picnic lunch and celebration. Family is welcome to attend. We also need volunteers and PHOTOS!
- to help transport food from school to the park, set up, serve, and/or clean up, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- to submit PHOTOS from K-6th gr for the slide show during the ceremony, e-mail them toMP6graduation@gmail.com
- to provide a potluck picnic item, sign up HERE
What to Know for the Summer!
Shoreline Highly Capable Program families are invited to meet and connect with other families at the following events:
- Saturday, June 22nd: PLAY DATE, 2-4pm
Paramount School Park – NE 155th and 8th Ave NE
- Sunday. July 21st: POTLUCK PICNIC, 4-8pm
Richmond Beach – Lower Picnic Shelter ($5-10 donations appreciated to help the shelter and supplies cost)
- Sunday, August 11th: PLAY DATE, 12-2pm
Shoreview Park – 700 NW Innis Arden Way
Free meals for kids and teens will be available at the following locations and times, on weekdays from July 8-August 2, 2019. Anyone age 18 or under can join us for free:
Meridian Park Elementary | 10:45AM-11:30AM
17077 Meridian Ave N, Shoreline 98133
Shorecrest High School | 12-12:30PM
15343 25th Ave NE, Shoreline, 98155
You can kickstart an awesome 2019-2020 school year over the summer!
1. Keep Clipping Box Tops
Please keep clipping the box tops over the summer! We earned almost $500 this year from the Box Tops for Education™ program, so keep them coming. For a list of participating products, click HERE.
2. Link Your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Meridian Park PTSA
Support Meridian Park PTSA by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards card today [Meridian Park PTSA #TY486]. Don’t worry – you’ll still earn fuel points, rewards points, and rebates all while supporting your school. It’s a win-win!
Dates for Fall
August 12, MP Office opens
August 29, 5 pm, Meet the Teacher
August 29, 6 pm, PTA Welcome Back Potluck and Play Date
September 6, first day for grades 1-6
September 9, first day for Kinder Land
September 24, Curriculum Night