• June 15 – Student Council Student Store – 2nd Recess
• June 18 – 6th Grade Moving On Ceremony
• June 19 – Last Day of School, Early Release 11:45 am
LOST AND FOUND
Please visit lost and found to claim your missing garments There are a lot of jackets! Items remaining in lost and found will be donated to The Works on the last day of school.
NEW MP FACEBOOK GROUP
Some Meridian Park parents have started a Facebook group that is just for parents of current Meridian Park Students. This group can be used as a community bulletin board. The purpose of the group is to build community and to share information. Please do not post concerns about school staff, students or teachers on this page. This page is not affiliated with the PTSA of MPE, but it can be a place we can talk about PTSA activities.
The group can be used to learn about volunteer opportunities at the school, to make play dates, to get help from our community and to get to better know each other. Join if you like! Search for “2014-15 Meridian Park Elementary Parents (Community Group)” or use the link below:
FROM THE NURSE’S OFFICE
If your child has medication in the Health Office, please be aware that medications cannot be stored at school over the summer. Parents, please stop by the Health Office to pick up your child’s medications on or before the last day of school. Emergency medications (Epi-pens and inhalers) should be picked up on the last day of school. Non-emergency medications (i.e. Tylenol, Ibuprofen) can be picked up before the last day of school.
Medications will not be sent home with students. Any medications left in the Health Office after June 19th will be destroyed. If you need to make special arrangements to pick up your child’s medication, please contact Susan Goldman, RN, Meridian Park School Nurse at
SHORELINE-LAKE FOREST PARK ARTS COUNCIL
Join us for one or more of our arts camps:
Art4Teens Camp: July 27-31
Shoreline Jazz Camp: August 3-7 & 10-11
August Arts Camp: August 3-7
Arts Festival – June 27 and June 28
We are getting ready for the 2015 Shoreline Arts Festival and looking for volunteers!
To SIGN UP
We’re using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our upcoming activities. Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/gDoEuz
2. Review the activities listed and choose the one(s) you like.
3. Sign up! It’s Easy — you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone.
BACK TO SCHOOL CONSORTIUM REGISTRATION
Where: North City Elementary at 816 NE 190th St., Shoreline
When: Saturday, August 29th from 12:30-4:00pm
Registration Dates: May 18-August 21, 2015
Registration: Online at www.btsconcortium.org and click registration
Or registration forms can be mailed in. Forms are available in the office.
Deadline: August 21st last date for registration
Last year, over 550 families register for this event. This “Back to School” event provides school supplies, haircuts and clothing for families who are living with a low income and/or experiencing
circumstances in their life that make it challenging to prepare their children for going back to school. Please take advantage of this wonderful opportunity! For more information call 206-393-
4916, leave a message and a volunteer will call you back.
SAVE THE DATE!
• September 3 – Back to School BBQ
• September 9 – First Day of School
• September 17 – Curriculum Night
• Nov. 11 – No School Veteran’s Day
• Nov. 26-27 – Thanksgiving Holiday
• Dec. 21 to Jan 1 – Winter Break
• Jan. 18 – No School Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• Feb. 15-19 – No School, President’s Day and Mid-Winter Break
• April 18-22 – Spring Break
• May 30 – No School Memorial Day
• June 24 – Last Day of School