• May 18 – 21 – Sixth Grade Camp
• May 20 – “Peter and the Wolf” Assembly 2:30pm
• May 25 – No School, Memorial Day
• May 26 – Shoreline Special Needs PTA Meeting 6:30pm
• May 28 – MP Arts Festival 6:00 – 8:00 pm
• May 29 – Popcorn Friday
• May 29 – Circus Arts Celebration Breakfast 8:00-8:50am
LANDSCAPING PARTY AT MP – May 16 from 8:00am-Noon
Come for a 2 hour shift. No tools required. Dress comfortable. Kids welcome. Bring their bikes! Iced tea and snacks provided.
MP ARTS FESTIVAL
You are cordially invited to the annual Meridian Park Arts Festival, Thursday, May 28, 2015, featuring student demonstrations in the fine and performing arts.
Highlights of the evening include:
• Student artwork displayed throughout the building: All evening
• Poetry readings in the Library Media Center: 6-6:25 p.m.
• Chamber music in the main entrance lobby: 6:30-6:40 p.m.
• Vocal concert, “Critters and Folks,” in the gym: 6:45-7:30 p.m. All students in grades 2, 3, 4, and 5 will perform.* Visual art viewing: 7:30-8 p.m.
*Students should be in place in the bleachers at 6:35 p.m. Dress up as much as you would like! All 2nd-5th grade students are expected to perform at the concert. We need every student to be there as we are so eager to share our exciting, fun, beautiful music with you, our honored guests! You won’t want to miss it!
Please plan to attend this wonderful event with your family!
Shari Anderson, Music Specialist
Jenny Hillger, Library Media Specialist
Vicki Ault, String Orchestra teacher
Kelsey Jobst, Band teacher
CIRCUS ARTS CELEBRATION BREAKFAST
When: Friday May 29th 8:00am-8:50am
Where: Meridian Park Elementary Cafeteria
Who: Circus Arts Club Members
Why: To Celebrate the Awesomeness of Circus Arts Club!
What can I do to help? I’m glad you asked! Mr. Alford needs volunteers to bring fresh fruit.
Please contact me at matt.alford if you can help.
PTSA GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING – June 4, 7:00-8:30pm in the Library
Calling All of Our Amazing Meridian Park Volunteers! Please join the Meridian Park PTSA for a special Volunteer Recognition Night and General Membership Meeting Thursday, June 4th from 7-8:30pm. Treats and FREE childcare provided!
FIELD DAY IS COMING!
Field Day is coming Friday June 12th, 1:00-3:30 and we need your help! This is usually one of the highlights of the year for many kids, and we need lots of family support to make it successful. If you would be willing to volunteer to help run a station please email Mr. Reiman at matt.reiman. If someone you know is also volunteering and you would like to work at the same station, please indicate that as well.
FROM THE HEALTH OFFICE
Thank you to the PTA for donating snacks to the health office!
If you currently have a 5th grade student you will be receiving a reminder letter soon that it is time to get the Tdap booster vaccination required at age 11 for school attendance. Summer is a great time to take care of vaccinations as the beginning of the school year can be very busy and difficult to get appointments at the physician’s office.
Students with Life Threatening health conditions will receive paperwork from the health office before the last day of school. This paperwork and any medication must be completed and delivered to the nurse before attending the first day of school in the fall. If you have any questions about your child’s health condition, medication or paperwork required, please contact the nurse before summer.
Thank you, Nurse Susan 206-393-4124 susan.goldman
SAVE THE DATE!
• June 2 – 5th Grade Band and Orchestra Night 7:00pm* (*new time)
• June 2 – MP Menchie’s Night 6:30 – 9:30pm
• June 4 – PTSA General Membership Meeting and Volunteer Appreciation 7:00 – 8:30
• June 5 – Box Top Trimming and Prep – 2:00pm in the Staff Lounge
• June 8 – Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
• June 10 – 6th Grade Band and Orchestra Concert – 7:00pm
• June 12 – Field Day 1:00-3:30pm
• June 15 – Student Council Student Store – 2nd Recess
• June 18 – 6th Grade Moving On Ceremony