• January 26 – Non Student Work Day
• January 27- MP Student Council Student Store 8:40-9:00am
• January 28 – Tour for Incoming Kindergarten Parents 9:30am
• January 29 – Student Council Meeting 8:15am Ms. Q’s Room
• January 30 – Student Council Popcorn Sales During Lunch
• February 3 – PTSA Board of Directors Meeting 7:00-8:30pm
• February 5 – 6th Grade Orchestra Festival 6:30-8:00pm
Popcorn Fridays will start January 30th! Bags of pre-popped SmartFood White Cheddar Popcorn will be sold by volunteer adults during each lunch for $.50. Students are asked to bring exact change.
ROSETTA LEE SPEAKING AT SYRE ELEMENTARY
Syre PTA is offering a presentation by guest speaker Rosetta Lee, Outreach Specialist from Seattle Girls’ School at the end of January. Ms. Lee is a dynamic diversity speaker and trainer who speaks at schools and non-profit organizations throughout the United States. She will be sharing her presentation Sugar and Spice But Not Always Nice: Gender, Bias, and Aggression in Adolescent Girls in the Syre gymnasium on January 29 from 7:00 until 8:30 p.m.
PTA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING-February 3 7-8:00pm
All are welcome to join the PTSA Board of Directors meeting on Tuesday, February 3 from 7:00-8:30pm. The board will be drafting emergency protocol for before and after school PTSA programs. Childcare provided by the Dale Turner YMCA.
FROM THE HEALTH OFFICE:
Flu season is underway. There are also illness with flulike symptoms in the community. Please remember to wash your hands frequently and cover coughs to help prevent the spread of all germs. If your child is sick with a fever, vomiting, diarrhea, a combination of these or other symptoms of illness, please keep them home. Students should be symptom free at home for 24 hours before they return to school. Thank you!! Nurse Susan Office hours M-F 9-3:30206-393-4124
Gardeners and helpers needed. Let’s get the grounds cleaned up before spring. If you can devote 2 hours to moving bark or putting down cardboard on a Saturday, Sunday or after school – PLEASE email calliel_ with your availability. We are excited to beautify our grounds!
Kindergarten registration for Shoreline residents with students starting kindergarten in the fall of 2015 will begin Monday, February 2nd at all elementary schools. You will need to register at your neighborhood/home school. In order to attend kindergarten in the fall, a child must be five years old by August 31, 2015. All elementary schools in the district will have kindergarten visitations on January 28, 2015 at 9:30am. Letting your home school know that you are attending the visitation is not necessary, but highly appreciated for planning purposes.
For more information about kindergarten registration and Kinderfest, please contact Cathy Allred at cathy.allred.
SAVE THE DATE!
• February 9 – First 2015 MP Car Show Planning Meeting 7pm – 8pm
• February 11 – MP Skating Party 6:00-8:00pm
• February 16-20 – Mid Winter Break
• February 27 and 28 – MP Students perform Alice in Wonderland at 7:00pm at Shorewood H.S.