• December 1 – No School – Staff Work Day
• December 2-12 – Holiday Basket Drive
• December 2 – Board of Director’s PTSA Meeting 7:00-8:30 pm
• December 3 – Variety Show Audition Forms Due
• December 4 – ASB Representative Meeting 8:15am Ms. Q’s Room
• December 4 – Drama Club Parent Meeting 7:00 pm
• December 9 – Variety Show Auditions 3:45 pm in Band Room
• December 11 – Variety Show Auditions 3:45 pm in Band Room
• December 18 – Holiday Sing-a-long 9:30 am
VARIETY SHOW AUDITION
Variety Show Audition Request forms available in Kid Mail folders this week – additional forms at the Front Office. Please return completed forms to the office no later than Thursday Dec. 4th .
Completed forms must have requested information including a Parent/Guardian signature AS WELL AS Parent/Guardian EMAIL Address.
Parents/Guardians will be notified prior to Dec 8th of the audition date for their child (Dec. 9th or 10th).
For group acts, each member of a group act must turn in a completed form separately with their own Parent/Guardian Signature and Email Address. Questions? Please contact Holly DeGrazia at mnmmom
MERIDIAN PARK POSITIVE BEHAVIOR COMMITTEE
MP’s Positive Behavior Committee is looking for two or three parents to supervise our monthly Very Important Cheetah (VIC) lunches.
The lunches are from 11:15 – 1:30 on the following dates: December 18th, January 29th, February 26th, March 26th, April 30th, May 28th, and June 11th. Volunteers’ duties include setting up the tables on the stage in the cafeteria for the VICs, making sure VICs get to the tables, get their drinks, and take their photo. That’s it! If you are interested in helping with one or more of these lunches, please contact Jenny Hillger (jenny.hillger) or Megan Jones (megan.jones).
6TH GRADE CAMP FUNDRAISER
The sixth grade will be selling Brown Bear car wash tickets as a fundraiser for Camp Orkila. Don’t forget anyone who needs car wash tickets! New drivers? Coaches? Babysitters? Bosses? Teachers? Holiday gifts? Office gift? Tickets are $6 each and checks can be made out to Meridian Park. Please email Krista Keller at krista_keller for tickets or info.
PTSA MEETING – DECEMBER 2 FROM 7:00-8:30PM
The next PTSA Board of Director’s Meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 2 from 7:00-8:30 pm in the library. General business will be discussed. All are welcome. Childcare will be provided by the Dale Turner YMCA.
DRAMA CLUB PARENT MEETING
Drama Club (4th-6th Grades) Parent Information Night Thursday, 12/4/14 at 7:00 pm in MP Library. If your child is interested in Drama Club, please come to this meeting to learn about the club and the great show at the end! We will also have sign-up sheets for parent jobs.
THE WORKS HOLIDAY BASKET FOOD DRIVE
The Works food drive starts December 1st -12th. Meridian Park’s main food staple for the holiday basket food drive is cooking oil. We will be collecting bottles of cooking oil starting December 1st. Stay tuned for more details! We will also need boxes to pack the food in. If you have copier paper boxes or apple boxes (or similar sized boxes), please bring them to the MP office. Thanks!
Holiday Baskets provides holiday food and gift support to Shoreline School District families in circumstances that make it challenging to provide either for their children. This year’s Holiday Baskets food & gifts distribution to families will be Saturday, December 13, 2014 11:30am – 4:30pm at Kellogg Middle School.
For families needing assistance with winter break food & holiday gifts registration begins October 13th.
There are many ways to register:
• Register online at: eventbrite.com.
• Call: 206-393-4916 (Shoreline PTA Council line). Leave a message and someone will return your call to register you.
• Fill out a registration form and give it to your school Nurse or Family Advocate. Forms are available in their offices and atwww.shorelinepta.org. Mail it to: Shoreline PTA Council PO Box 55832 Shoreline, WA 98155-5784
Deadline for Registration is Dec. 1.
Ways you can help:
• Sign up on Volunteer Spot at http://vols.pt/BQa2RU
• Make a monetary donation payable to: Shoreline PTA Council. Note “Holiday Baskets – Food or Teen Gifts” and mail to: Shoreline PTA Council, PO Box 55832, Shoreline, WA 98155. Your donations are tax deductible. Or donate using PayPal at www.shorelinepta.orgunder Family Services, Holiday Baskets, To Donate.
• Schools will be accepting donations of food, toys and teen gifts from Dec. 1 to 12.
DROP OFF/PICK UP REMINDER
It’s just like the airport! Please:
– Park and use the crosswalk in front of the school; or
– Pull as far forward as possible at the curb
– Stay with your car at the curb until the kids are safely buckled
– Pull out carefully and make space for others
SAVE THE DATE!
• December 22 – Winter Break Begins