THIS WEEK AT MERIDIAN PARK
• September 29 – Non Student Work Day
• October 2 – Skating Party – Lynnwood Bowl & Skate
• October 6 – Bookfair Set Up
• October 7 – Board of Directors PTSA Meeting 6:00-7:00 pm
• October 7 – PTSA General Membership Meeting 7:00-8:30 pm
• October 7 – Fall Fundraiser Begins
• October 7 – Bookfair Preview
• October 7 – 2:40-3:10 – Student Council Assembly (2-6 grades)
• October 8-10 Bookfair in the Library
• October 8-10 – 11:50 Early Release for Conferences
SKATING PARTY – Thursday, October 2 from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Join us for the first skating party of the year at Lynnwood Bowl & Skate, 6210 200th St. SW, Lynnwood. Admission is $6.50 which includes quad skate rental. Pay an additional $3.00 for in line skates. Parents are encouraged to participate. No drop-offs allowed. Feel free to bring your helmet! Hope to see you there!
STUDENT COUNCIL – Tuesday, October 7th from 2:40-3:10
This is a 2nd-6th grade assembly, 2:40-3:10pm, where prospective officers will give their speeches. 2nd-6th graders should talk to their teachers about being a room rep.
FALL SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR IS COMING SOON!
The book fair will run Wednesday through Friday, October 8th – 10th, 8:40 – 4:00 daily, during the student day as well as during parent-teacher conferences.
In order to have a successful book fair, we are seeking volunteers. If you would like to work a one- or two-hour shift, please contact Jenny Hillger at jenny.hillger.
MATH CLUB COACHES URGENTLY NEEDED!
The Meridian Park Math Club needs coaches and parent volunteers! In particular, third- and fifth-grade coaches are urgently needed and parent volunteers for all grades are needed.
Coaching math club is rewarding and fun, and does not require any special skills. Math Club provides study materials and the answers—if you’ve passed high-school algebra, you can coach math club!
Solving math word problems in a timed test is excellent preparation for high school and college entrance exams. Please don’t let your child miss out. Math Club is open to 3-6 graders. Registration is on October 1 from 8:00-8:30 in the MP library.
If you can help coach or volunteer, contact Ed Goldstick, MP Math Club Coordinator, at mpmathclub. For more info please visit mpmathclub.com.
PTA LEGISLATIVE SURVEY
Every parent is an advocate and you have the opportunity to use your voice for children by participating in the WSPTA 2014 Legislative Issues Survey. Your opinions matter and will help delegates to the annual Legislative Assembly and Advocacy Training event prioritize the WSPTA 2014 Legislative Platform. Click here to participate. Deadline is September 30.
SAVE THE DATE!
• October 15 – Flu Shot Clinic at Shorecrest H.S. 3:00-7:00pm
• October 22 – Flu Shot Clinic at Shorewood H.S. 3:00-7:00pm