THIS WEEK AT MERIDIAN PARK
• May 12 – 16 – Teacher Appreciation Week
• May 16 – MSP Testing ends
• May 19 – Shoreline Classic Car Show Volunteer Meeting – 7:00pm in the Library
• May 23 – No School – Staff Work Day
• May 26 – No School – Memorial Day
STATE ASSESSMENTS – May 12- May 16
Students in grades 5 and 6 will complete the required state assessments beginning May 12 through May 16. On time attendance is very, very important.
Please avoid or limit appointments and early dismissals, including the afternoon.
Contact your teacher with questions or to support with snacks.
SHORELINE CLASSIC CAR SHOW VOLUNTEER MEETING – May 19 at 6:00 pm in the Library
Join us as we make plans for Meridian Park PTSA’s largest fundraising event that will take place on July 20. This is the only Seafair sanctioned event in Shoreline and it is held in our parking lot! We have lots of volunteer jobs that need to be filled, big and small. Support the students of Meridian Park by helping with this event. Last year we raised $8,000 for our school! Can’t make it to the meeting but want to volunteer? Please contact Dana Doerksen at gasbarri
HEALTH OFFICE WISH LIST
The Health office is in need of plastic bags and extra clothing for boys and girls size 8 and larger. Sweatpants, t-shirts and socks are especially needed.
Also needed, are individually wrapped snacks such as: Goldfish, energy bars, Z-Bars, fruit leather, applesauce (no sugar added), string cheese, small boxes of dried fruit (raisins, dates, etc.), pretzels, or packaged trail mix. Thanks for your support!
We are looking for three volunteers to help at The Works on May 28 from 6:00-8:00pm. The Works is located in the portables at the old North City Elementary school. Please contact Tracey Poole at tlp07 if interested or have questions.
We are collecting these items for The Works:
Boxers/ Bloomers (kid size new underwear and socks)
Please drop off your donations in the box in the MP main lobby by May 30th. Thanks for your support!
Help beautify our school grounds – landscape and weeding help needed. Tools provided, very flexible and friendly environment. Work your child’s entrance. Please email calliel_ if interested.
EAT BREAKFAST AT MP AND ENTER TO WIN A PRIZE!
In May, the Shoreline School District is motivating students to eat a healthy breakfast at school by having a chance to win a great prize. Prizes are sports and physical activity related that will encourage fun exercise this summer. Winning names will be chosen at the beginning of June, one winner per school. Hope to see you at breakfast next week!
SAVE THE DATE!
• May 29 – MP Arts Festival 6:00 – 8:00 pm
• May 31 – Shoreline Science and Technology Fair
• June 3 – PTSA Board of Directors Meeting 6:30 pm in the Library
• June 4 – Jr. Art Show Submissions Due 3:00 pm
• June 9 – No School – Staff Work Day
• June 19 – Moving On Ceremony 9:30 am in the Lunchroom
• June 20 – Last Day of School – Early Release 11:50 am
• July 20 – 5th Annual Seafair Shoreline Car Show (MP PTSA fundraiser)