THIS WEEK AT MERIDIAN PARK
• April 7 – No School – Teacher Work Day
• April 8 – 11 – 6th Grade Camp
• April 8 – Assembly for 2nd – 5th grades 2:00 pm – Andy Griffiths, Australian author of “The Cat on the Mat is Flat” and “The Day My Bum Went Psycho,” sponsored by Secret Garden Bookshop in Ballard.
• April 14 Car Show Volunteer Meeting (for anyone interested in joining the team for this amazing event) 7:00pm – 8:00 pm
• April 17 – Meridian Park Open House 5:00 – 7:00 pm
• April 17 – Student Store at Open House 5:00-5:45 pm
• April 17 – Writer Clete Smith, author of the Aliens on Vacation series, will make two presentations to third through sixth graders. His website is www.cletebarrettsmith.com
• April 18 – Twin Day
VOLUNTEERS URGENTLY NEEDED FOR BOOK FAIR – See blurb below
Student Drop off and Pick up Please note that the back of the school is a bus only area from 8:45-9:15 am and 3:15-3:45pm. Do not drive to the back of the school during these times. The space is reserved for Buses and additional vehicles pose a safety risk. Thanks so much for your cooperation.
Parent Input Forms for Next Years student placement have been distributed in Boomerang this week. These forms are due April 16 and are optional. Please have the forms returned to the teacher.
CAR SHOW VOLUNTEER PLANNING MEETING – April 14 7:00-8:00pm, MP Library
Come and join the team for this amazing PTA sponsored, Seafair sanctioned event that brings in so much of the school’s needed funds. 100% of the net proceeds from sponsors and registration fees directly benefit all Meridian Park Elementary students. Last year, approximately $8,000 was raised for our school. We have volunteer opportunities in all sizes!
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR FIESTA – April 14 – 18
Our big Scholastic Book Fair will run the week of April 14 – 18 in the library.
Hours will be 8:40 – 4:00 Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 – 1:00 on Friday. The book fair will also be open during Open House on Thursday, April 17th, from 5:30 pm until 7:30 pm. More detailed information will be sent home the week before the fair.
We depend upon volunteers to help our book fairs run smoothly. If you are able to volunteer for a 1 ½ to 2-hour shift, please let Jenny Hillger know. Email: jenny.hillger. Phone: 206-393-4125. Thanks!
STATE ASSESSMENTS – April 30 – May 16
Students grades 3-4-5-6 will complete the required state assessments beginning April 30 and ending May 16. On time attendance is very, very important.
Please avoid or limit appointments and early dismissals, including the afternoon.
Teachers will provide specific dates for each grade level.
Contact your teacher with questions or to support with snacks.
ADULT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO HELP SERVE LUNCH DURING MSP TESTING
This is your chance to get to learn more about Meridian Park’s food program and to do a good deed for the school!
Please consider helping Sandy and Geri, Meridian Park’s kitchen mavens, during MSP testing April 30-May 16. While students are testing, we need adults to help serve food during these lunch periods: 11:15-11:45, 11:50-12:20, and 12:25-12:50. Volunteer for as many lunches as you can! Not only will Sandy share secrets about Meridian Park corn dogs and chocolate cake, three volunteer names will be drawn to win $10 Starbucks gift cards (Your name will be entered into the drawing as many times as you volunteer)!
Here’s the link to sign up for volunteering:
Questions? Contact Jill Steinberg at jrsteinberg. Thanks for your support!
FROM THE NURSE
The Health office is in need of plastic bags and extra clothing for boys and girls size 8 and larger. Sweatpants, t-shirts and socks are especially needed. Thank you, Susan Goldman, school nurse
NEW PHONE NUMBER FOR LUNCH PAYMENTS USING A CREDIT CARD
(206) 393 4209
Help beautify our school grounds – landscape and weeding help needed. Tools provided, very flexible and friendly environment. Work your child’s entrance. Please email calliel_ if interested.
SAVE THE DATE!
• May 6 – PTSA Meeting 6:30 – 8:00 pm
• May 9 – MP night to watch the Seattle Mariners 7:00 pm – Details to purchase tickets are coming soon.
• May 29 – MP Arts Festival 6:00 – 8:00 pm