THIS WEEK AT MERIDIAN PARK
• March 25 and 26 – Writer Brett Gadbois visits 3 – 6 grades
• March 27 – Circus Arts Performance 6:00pm MP Gym
• March 28 – Pajama Day
• March 31 – Last Day of Read-a-Thon
• April 1 – PTSA Board of Directors Meeting 6:00 – 7:00 pm and General Membership Meeting 7:00 – 8:00
• April 2 – Student store open (2nd Recess) and at open house April 17
• April 3 – MP Skating Part at Lynnwood Bowl and Skate 6pm – 8pm
• April 3 – Getting Ready for School Concert with Nancy Stewart 6:30 – 7:30 pm Shoreline Conference Center, Shoreline Room
• April 4 – Read-a-Thon pledge envelopes due
URGENT! VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR – Please see blurb below.
PTSA MEETING – April 1 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Please join us for this very important PTSA meeting. Schedule is as follows:
6:00 -7:00 pm Board of Directors Meeting – This meeting is open to the public. General PTSA business will be discussed.
7:00-8:00 pm General Meeting – This meeting is open to the public. We will be voting for new officers for the 2014-2015 school year. All current PTSA members are eligible to vote. At this meeting, our guest speakers will be Charles Hasse of the National Education Association and Meridian Park 4th grade teacher Matt Reiman who will discuss Class Size Counts, a project to ensure that every student in Washington state has the opportunity to learn and succeed in an uncrowded classroom.
Writer Brett Gadbois, author of The Cellar Door, will hold writers’ workshops for third through sixth graders on Tuesday andWednesday, March 25th and 26th. Students will work on developing ideas and finding their voices as writers. His website iswww.brettgadbois.com.
MP SKATING PARTY – APRIL 3 FROM 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Join us for a skating party at Lynnwood Bowl & Skate, 6210 200th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA, 98036 (425) 778-3133. All MP students and family are welcome. $6.00 includes admission and regular (quad) skate rental. Add $3.00 if you want to upgrade to inline skate rental. Snacks available to purchase. An adult must accompany students, no drop offs please. Be safe and wear a helmet!
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR FIESTA – April 14 – 18
Our big Scholastic Book Fair will run the week of April 14 – 18 in the library.
Hours will be 8:40 – 4:00 Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 – 1:00 on Friday. The book fair will also be open during Open House onThursday, April 17th, from 5:30 pm until 7:30 pm. More detailed information will be sent home the week before the fair.
We depend upon volunteers to help our book fairs run smoothly. If you are able to volunteer for a 1 ½ to 2-hour shift, please let me know. Email: jenny.hillger. Phone: 206-393-4125. Thanks!
MP ARTS FESTIVAL – May 29
Please note, the Cheetah Chatter incorrectly noted the date for the MP Arts Festival as Tuesday May 29th instead of Thursday, May 29th
SAVE THE DATE!
• April 14 Car Show Volunteer Meeting (for anyone interested in joining the team for this amazing event) 7:00pm – 8:00 pm
• April 17 – Meridian Park Open House 5:00 – 7:00 pm
• April 17 – Student Store at Open House
• April 17 – Writer Clete Smith, author of the Aliens on Vacation series, will make two presentations to third through sixth graders. His website is www.cletebarrettsmith.com
• May 6 – PTSA Meeting 6:30 – 8:00 pm
• May 9 – MP night to watch the Seattle Mariners 7:00 pm – Details to purchase tickets are coming soon.
• May 29 – MP Arts Festival 6:00 – 8:00 pm