THIS WEEK AT MERIDIAN PARK
• March 21 and March 22 – MP Drama Club’s musical Bad Apples – 7:00 pm at the Shorecrest High School Performing Arts Center
• March 25 and 26 – Writer Brett Gadbois visits 3 – 6 grades
• Circus Arts Performance March 27 6pm MP Gym
• Pajama Day March 28
• Student store open April 2nd (2nd Recess) and at open house April 17
• March 19 – Hi Cap Open House and Tours 9:30 – 10:30 am OR 1:00 – 2:00 pm
• March 21 – No School – Teacher Work Day
THE MERIDIAN PARK PTSA NEEDS YOU!
Do you have terrific ideas you would like to see implemented at Meridian Park? Please think about becoming a volunteer PTSA officer for the 2014-2015 school year. Open positions include:
Co-Treasurer (we already have one Co-Treasurer) – Responsible for managing the funds of our PTSA, assist in creating future budgets, co-signing checks, submitting monthly budget reports for review, depositing monies, and overseeing reimbursements. Great job for someone who is good with numbers!
Vice President of Programs – Responsible for researching and implementing enrichment classes before and/or after school (i.e. Spanish, Chess, French….)
These positions require a small time commitment and the benefits of helping the Meridian Park community are huge! PTSA Board of Directors Meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month and are always open to the public. This is a great opportunity to expand your social circle at Meridian Park and become more involved in school activities.
Have questions? Feel free to contact Jill Steinberg at jrsteinberg or (206) 356-5977.
Writer Brett Gadbois, author of The Cellar Door, will hold writers’ workshops for third through sixth graders on Tuesday and Wednesday, March 25th and 26th. Students will work on developing ideas and finding their voices as writers. His website is www.brettgadbois.com.
CAMP FAIR: Sat March 15, 10am-1pm The Evergreen School 15201 Meridian Ave. N., Shoreline
Explore hundreds of new ideas for summer fun and learning at this free community event. 50+ camp programs will participate and share a wide variety of options for preschoolers to teens. RSVP for a chance to win a free week at YMCA Camp Orkila, Camp Colman or The Evergreen School Summer program. Details at www.parentmap.com/campfair
SCHOLASTIC BOOK FAIR FIESTA – April 14 – 18
Our big Scholastic Book Fair will run the week of April 14 – 18 in the library.
Hours will be 8:40 – 4:00 Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 – 1:00 on Friday. The book fair will also be open during Open House on Thursday, April 17th, from 5:30 pm until 7:30 pm. More detailed information will be sent home the week before the fair.
We depend upon volunteers to help our book fairs run smoothly. If you are able to volunteer for a 1 ½ to 2-hour shift, please let me know. Email: jenny.hillger. Phone: 206-393-4125. Thanks!
HI-CAP OPEN HOUSE AND TOURS – March 19, 9:30 – 10:30 am OR 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Families attending please meet in the main entrance foyer.
This Open House is for resident (west-side), first grade families who will qualify for the grade 2 Hi-Cap program for Fall 2014. It is also for grade 2-5 families (west side) who are qualified. (Families will receive a letter from the district by US Mail indicating that their child qualifies for Hi-Cap services for 2014-15.)
Program, starting at 9:30 am or 1:00 pm
• General School Tour
• Teacher Panel/Presentations
• Hi-Cap Classroom Visits
Questions about Open House? Please email Jill at MP at jill.gwazdauskas
Questions about qualification? Please email Spencer at the Hi-Cap office at spencer.glushak
SAVE THE DATE!
• April 1 – PTSA Meeting 6:30 – 8:00 pm
• April 3 – MP Skating Part at Lynnwood Bowl and Skate 6pm – 8pm
• April 3 – Getting Ready for School Concert with Nancy Stewart 6:30 – 7:30 pm Shoreline Conference Center, Shoreline Room
• April 14 Car Show Volunteer Meeting (for anyone interested in joining the team for this amazing event) 7:00pm – 8:00 pm
• April 17 – Meridian Park Open House 5:00 – 7:00 pm
• April 17 – Writer Clete Smith, author of the Aliens on Vacation series, will make two presentations to third through sixth graders. His website is www.cletebarrettsmith.com
• May 6 – PTSA Meeting 6:30 – 8:00 pm
• May 29 – MP Arts Festival 6:00 – 8:00 pm